Category: Tea Talk (Page 1 of 9)
Learning tea is easy, starts from liking tea, willing to summit to learning and take time with yourself. Learning life can be easy too, starts from facing own subconsciousness with honesty.
When able to transforn the balanced and peaceful scent in heart to tea, can then refine the fine flavors and taste in tea; the aromatic additives will then not needed in life.
The genuine intension in heart and mind transform scents to tea;
The authencity in quality and scents reflect the straightness of the person;
tea is like life, living as tea.
Convince self before trying to convince others.
The beauty of tea is that we can easily integrate those principal learnings in actions through a cup of tea.
. Mei Lan Hsiao
#wisdomintea #meilanhsiao #chineseteamaster #learningintea
Belgium Chinese Tea Arts Centre
Tea Sommelier Centre
Tea Culture Rendez-vous
Cha Dao – The Way of Tea.
Antwerp Business Community Group
©Mei Lan Hsiao
Belgium Chinese Tea Arts Centre / Belgium Chinese Tea Culture Association, 9/2/2019 Antwerp, Belgium
I can have tea seeds from China, India or Japan, but can I grow and make tea with the same quality flavours and taste as they produce in China, India or Japan? The answer is …………. OF COURSE NOT !
Tea and tea culture migrated from China to the West and now even travel far in the world. So as to tea trees and production methods. Well, answers actually are quite simple ……………
Tea tree cultivars? It can be migrated and planted in other part of the world; but the macro- & micro ecological environment, conditions, weather, air, water and energy in the air and under beneth in the core….these are simply not possible to be duplicated or re-engeered!
Tea production methods ? Production processes can be copied and learned, but experience and accumulated wisdom based on feeling…….can not !
The local tea growers need to understand the characters of their plants in their environment and know when and how to abstract the best but not try to copy with blind eyes.
Egoism and self-confidence are very similar, often the difference is so thin as a see-through rice paper.
The basic theory about tea and how to prepare tea are not the most difficult learning in tea, but willingness, respectful and submissive learning attitude are.
On the journey of tea learning, I remain as a white paper so I can receive all information, but I do not take information for granted, because I like to maintain objective digestion and diagnosis without preconceived ideas, certainly to avoid pre-judgement before I even have a chance to know more.
Learning tea, learning life.
Mei Lan Hsiao 蕭美蘭
Belgium Chinese Tea Arts Centre / Belgium Chinese Tea Culture Association 8/2/2019
How long tea can be stored?
- Air flow environment
- Avoiding direct light
- Avoiding humidity
- Avoid bad odors
- parfum nearby, personnel who work in the tea environment should also not to wear too much or strong parfum
- environment or compartment where there are bad odors easily presented
What is the reality when you fall in love with Pure flavours and tastes in tea?
It is a journey like water that does not float backwards, once into the world of pure, authentic and better quality tea, it is hard to go back.
I started with Pure and Authentic Quality teas without aromatic flavors or taste additives, thus the cosmetic flavours and tastes are TOTALLY not attractive to me AT ALL.
Being able to identify pure vs. aromatic flavours and tastes is only one of fundamental requirements from a #teasommelier. The utmost foundation is submissive learning and respectful attitude；it is not just about the what/which/how in tea, it is about what kind of person you become to.
- Wash tea ware every time after being used. Can consider to use either pre-heated vinegar or soda to remove nasty tea stains when necessary
- Avoid drinking too hot tea because the temperature that the swallow pipeline can tolerate is between 50-60℃
- when tea gets cold, the continued oxidation with air may generate lots of oxalate. Excessive oxalate might increase the risk of kidney stones to some people, according to the research
- Some people misunderstand drinking tea can dissolve alcohol, actually it increases work load to liver. Advise not to flush alcohol with tea after meal, especially if have dronk wine or liquor； it is better to take time to enjoy some desserts or have some acidic fruits or juice；otherwise have some water before drinking tea.
- Avoid to pair tea with crabs. Suggest to give 2-3 hours time gap after eating crabs.
copyrighted Mei Lan Hsiao, Belgium Chinese Tea Arts Centre, 2/2/2019
- Instead of using 1 bag of low quality tea per cup, 4-6 bags per day; do you know you can easily enjoy 4-6 cups (or even more, subject to the quality) with fine flavours and tastes from 3-5gms of good quality loose leaf tea per day?
- Do you know you can recycle the left over as natural fertilizer to your garden or plants? Even if you wanted to throw it away afterwards, it will become very good natural compose
- The more we support for eco-quality tea, the more we can motivate the growing regions to do the right things to maintain the ecological balanced environment correctly. We don’t have budget to pay for the “Fair Trade” logo, we simply do with the growing regions and farmers.
No man or no power can ever turn the last second backwards, so as to history.
The past pages have already passed, there is no way to redo, just like nothing can turn the wind backwards, river water flows can never reflow. No matter what kind of feeling you have, love, complaints, joy, sorrow or hate will disappear.
Fate comes and there will be a day for disappearing;
the circle of relationship is formed and there are reasons for its broken up;
the rise and fall of fate is just like sun rise and sun set.
It is like a cup of cold tea, it can be warmed up but cann’t retrieve the fine flavors and taste, moments of having fun with friends have already gone that cann’t be recalled. All became memories.
There are plenty priceless learnings from the history when we are willing to learn with an opened mind. Want to profit from those learnings can be easy, all we need to is to learn facing history honestly, learn to accept with an innocent and joyful heart, able to adhere to continuous learning without complaints, no anger, no guilt or hate. Learn to respect from heart and able to get rid of greediness, keep head down and focus, the light of wisdom would shine without asking.
Asking why won’t help, why not simply learn to accept and adapt to the change?
When consciously aware the rising of distinguishing mind, it’s time to enhance the self-discipline.