2-days workshop with Chinese Tea Master, Mei Lan Hsiao, in Berlin, Germany
Even though there are more than 50 countries growing tea worldwide, but China remains as the home of all tea types today. Among the 6+1 tea types, Oolong (Qing Cha 青茶) probably does not have the longest history but is the tea type that has most attractive characters with complex multiple layers of flavors and tastes.
Oolong tea, in general, is known as semi-fermented tea, however there are more regional factors influence the best suit for Oolong tea. Type of tea leaves used from which unique tea tree cultivars in which season create different flavors and tastes. Also Oolong tea has higher quality demands on MaoCha and the later roasting process.
Tea tree cultivar can be migrated, and production processes can be learned or copied, but Oolong tea can not be duplicated , Good quality Oolong tea demands not only diligently production control, it requires good quality tea leaves from healthy tea trees; and healthy tea trees relies on an eco-balanced growing environment and conditions.
There are vase choices in Oolong tea and there are amazing stories about the Nature and people behind each tea leaf. The WKP Natural Eco-Tea Garden definitely is an interesting one for Oolong tea lovers.
In this 2-days Oolong Tea Workshop in Berlin, you will not only have more information and also learn-by-tasting Oolong tea from Fujian, Canton and Taiwan in depth.
2-Day Workshop Program Outlines:
- What make Oolong tea unique?
- How organic is true organic?
- Difference in Eco-tea garden vs. organic tea garden
- Critical production processes influence the flavors and tastes
- Adaptable tea brewing for light- vs. traditional oxidized fermentation oolong
- Cha Qi in Oolong tea?
- Tea Tasting – Taiwan Gaoshan Oolong
- Tea Tasting – Taiwan traditional Dong Ding Oolong
- Tea Tasting – Fujian Southern – Anxi Tie Guan Yin / Formosa Beauty
- Tea Tasting – Fujian Northern – Wuyi Rock Tea / Baiya Chi Lan
- Tea Tasting – Canton Kongfu cha – FengHuang DanCun
- Eco-Oolong tasting – Traditional MeiZhan Oolong
- Eco-Oolong tasting – Tie Guan Yin Oolong
- Eco-Oolong tasting – Jin Xuan Oolong
For more information, please contact Mei Lan Hsiao, Email: email@example.com Tel: +32-494 50 68 99