“How organic is true ecological?” Well, I think this photo is more convincing than thousand words or a piece of organic certificate. This is the photo of tea picking from the ecological tea farm in Fujian. Not only it’s in the middle of wildness, far away from human populltion; but also the owner insist
- Only use the natural fertilizer, free from pesticide; but still we submitted samples for pesticide analysis in Belgium accordign to the EU Pesticide standards
- Respect and maintain the harmony balance with Nature. Do not use any chemical products to remove grass or stimulate the growth
- Allow tea trees search for the growing strength in natural manner, so do not trim the tea trees since the farmer took over the long-time abandoned tea farm.
- Implement collective stateownership with the community who live in the mountain; the daily income of tea pickers is ensured regardless the quantity they pick, because we believe the picking quality is more important than the quantity
- Only pick ONCE a year without considering the high cost, the risk and ROI. So only limited quantity available
- Respect the old Chinese traditions; semi-manual processes and afterwards fine re-processed through the wood fire roasting process
- Tie Guan Yin Oolong
- JinXuan Oolong
- MeiZhan Oolong
More information for each ecological Oolong Tea is to follow later.